As many of you know summer in Deep East Texas is brutal!
Yesterday with the heat index it was 114°, way too hot for this Northern girl to be outside. So I made the decision to create a summer crafting space in our spare guest room. Remember our house is small! It’s the perfect size for two people and a pug. But this house was definitely not made for a more than our small family. The spare bedroom here doesn’t even have a door on it, but it does have a curtain. So I have invaded that space for the summer. Luckily most people don’t come to visit you when you live in Texas in the oppressing heat of the summer.
I purchased a metal shelving unit at Lowe’s that had MDF shelves on it. This is where I will be storing the majority of my crafting paper tools and completed cards. The brown plastic drawers next to the shelves have all of my smaller crafting supplies. Things like my stamp sets, embellishments, paper punches, ink cubes, all the little fun things. I already owned the plastic shelving and had been using it in the large closet in the spare room to organize linens and pantry items. But pulled it out so that way it could be a space for my Crosstitch and embroidery projects, as well as a place for the items I have listed on Mercari.
On the other table I set up my Brother scan and cut. Which is an amazing tool. And I can’t wait to show you some of the fun things you can do with that. I was so excited when I found this on Facebook marketplace for less than half price of what the retail was.
And of course no craft space would be complete without the perfect little crafting helper. Monkey always enjoys being as close to Mama as he can be. So his bed is in the corner so that he can keep an eye on mom and nap at the same time.
Comments
Post a Comment